The Aldelo cash drawer won’t open error is a fairly common issue with Aldelo POS systems.
Firstly, we always make sure our clients check the “basic” items before they go ahead and place a support call. Some of these itmes include:
- Although you might think the two aren’t related, make sure your printer is powered on and connected to the Aldelo POS system.
- If the printer is offline altogether, it will ultimately not open the cash drawer.
- Check the cash drawer makes a “click” noise when it is triggered. If the Aldelo printer is offline the clicking will not happen.
- If the drawer makes the clicking noise, make sure the drawer hasn’t been manually locked with the key at the front, and you may also want to check to make sure.
- If the drawer makes the noise but still doesn’t open, check that it is unlocked, and that there is nothing jamming it.